Using video on your website is a powerful way to reach you audience. A well crafted video with a catchy title can quickly go viral and is an excellent way to bring links to your site. In turn, links will help give your site search engine authority and ultimately higher search rankings.
The problem with video is you can have great content full of all the keywords you are targeting but search engines are going to have no idea what that content is. Here are some tips to optimize your video content:
- Transcribe your video. Transcribing your video is a great way to let the search engines know what your video content is. There are many affordable transcribing services that will do this for you.
- Keep it short and sweet. Internet users have a short attention span. Keep your videos under 6 minutes. If you have a longer video that you just can’t edit down to a reasonable time, consider breaking the video into chapters.
- Use catchy titles. Using a catchy title will give you a much higher click through rate on your videos. Even if your subject is dry, be creative in how you title your video. For example if you have an instructional video on how to paint a room, instead of calling it “How to Paint a Room” you could call it “Painting a Room: In 5 Minutes we’ll Teach you to Paint Like the Pros”
- Understand 3rd Party Hosting. Posting your video on video sharing websites like YouTube, Meta Cafe and Vimeo are a great way to increase your video views but understand that these sites will have very high authority and will likely out rank your site. If the video becomes popular, the links will point to the hosting site instead of your website. One way to combat this is to optimize the on page factors on your site using the desired keywords. If you decide to post the video on a sharing site, change the titles and tags as not to compete with your site. Also be sure to include a watermark of your website nameÂ as part of the video being posted on hosting sites.
- Offer the option to embed your code. Offering the code so visitors can post the video on their blog or website will help to make your video viral. Be sure to require a link back to your site for people who use the code.
- Use a good thumbnail image. Using a compelling thumbnail will greatly increase the chances of your video being viewed.
Tribune Broadcasting acquired the off-net series Entourage (six seasons) and Curb Your Enthusiasm (7 seasons) from HBO and Warner Bros. Both series are scheduled to air on all the Tribune stations in 17 markets (including WGN Chicago) and WGN America beginning fall 2010. Both will be scheduled six times per week, airing M-F and one additional run on the weekend.
Direct Response television is holding its ground with a profitable 2008, and a prospering 2009. Spending was up 9.2 percent for direct response advertising spending in 2008. Additionally, the most profitable markets were the Hispanic cable TV and Cable TV. Read more at Electronic Retailer Magazine.
Tower Media recently made a contribution to the WITS (working in the schools) program. Working in the Schools (WITS) is a literacy organization that increases the reading proficiency and learning capacity of low-income and minority students in Chicago Public Schools. WITS recruits and supports dedicated business, government, and community volunteers who deliver measurable and consistent tutoring and mentoring services. Read more about Tower Media in the Donor Spotlight section of the WITS website.
Electronic Retailer will soon announce the Direct-to-Consumer Marketer of the Year at the eRetailer Summit, March 1-3. The honoree is said to have a 122-year-old iconic brand with mostly offline business. Who is the luck honoree? Avon! Read more at PrWeb and Electronic Retailer Magazine.
Facebook is creating an advertising environment of highly accountable and relevant direct response advertisements. Messages can be targeted well through demographic data and products can even be recommended to friends. Even better your product can be a part of a fan group! Brand building and selling wrapped into one. Direct Response at it’s best. Read more on The Plainsmen website.
Welcome to the next generation of advertising where your phone is no longer your connection to those you know, but to a myriad of programming. This on-the-go service will soon be available for devices such as the iPod Touch. It also, offers marketers and advertisers alike another avenue to offer accountable advertising to a targeted group of consumers. Direct response advertisers should keep tabs on this emerging trend. Read more at Mobile Marketer.
Accountability is a must in today’s advertising world. Who better to give it to you than an online ad? You can see where the consumer converts, where they drop off and even find out some nice demographic data. But, you can also use this prime DR vehicle to see into your brand and find out what types of online advertising are reaching your audience and still reinforcing your brand message. Read more at Media Week
Posted by admin
on February 10, 2009
Social Media Direct Response
Vizu Corportation will begin utilizing brand lift as a metric for social media campaigns. This will not only bring together click-through rates, a standard DR measurement, but also the branding within the advertisement. This new measurement will bring more ROI meaning to the advertiser. Vizu Corportation will begin utilizing brand lift as a metric for social media campaigns. This will not only bring together click-through rates, a standard DR measurement, but also the branding within the advertisement. This new measurement will bring more ROI meaning to the advertiser. Read more on PRWeb.